Inside View of Costa Mesa’s “House Of Intuition” Located in: The LAB Anti-Mall. (Photography by: Ella Navarro) (Ella Navarro)
Inside View of Costa Mesa’s “House Of Intuition” Located in: The LAB Anti-Mall. (Photography by: Ella Navarro)

Ella Navarro

House Of Intuition: Are Metaphysical Shops Really Good for You?

April 17, 2023

What is a metaphysical shop? Metaphysical shops are focused on selling metaphysical products like magic candles, crystals, tarot cards, spiritual books, and Dream Catchers. Some of the items that are listed above are related to spiritual healing and can improve physical as well as mental health. Many may say these items are related to witchcraft and casting magic spells, but it is the opposite. Holding and having a crystal around you promotes physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. 

HBHS sophomore student, Kailea Haver said “I think metaphysical shops are really fascinating because they have so many different items they sell like candles, crystals, and incense.”

If you want to purchase some, “House of Intuition” is the local metaphysical shop selling quality items. Below describes some of their most popular items.

Lavender and white burning sage sold at “House of Intuition” (Photography by: Ella Navarro)

Burning sage is one of the oldest methods of cleansing a person, group of people, or space to eliminate unwanted spirits. Burning sage is used to achieve a healing state and connect to the spiritual realm or enhance intuition. For people who are a part of traditional cultures, burning sage is used to solve or reflect upon spiritual dilemmas. This may also have some scientific basis too. When lighting sage the aroma may be strong at first but will eventually clear into a pleasant scent. 

Rose and sage burning incense sold at “House of Intuition” (Photography by: Ella Navarro)

Incense Sticks: Incense is wooden sticks coated in aromatic essential oils. This allows fragment smoke to fill a room when burned at the tip. People can choose incense for scent pleasure like candles, or pick and choose a specific scent that can reach meditative relaxation or practice. Some of the benefits of burning incense can be to deepen attention and empower people’s spiritual focus. Incense comes in many different scents to reach a different critical point in a person’s aroma. 

Crystal Stones displayed at House Of Intuition (Photography by: Ella  Navarro)

Crystal Stones: Crystals are used for emotional, physical, and spiritual healing. The crystals will positively interact with one’s body energy field or chakra. Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means “Disk” or “Wheel”. There are many crystals that have different meanings and hold different powers. Crystals may symbolize spiritual purity and perfection and are often used in a religious context. Some of the most popular stones would be, Rose Quartz, Onyx, Amethyst, Lapiz Lazuli, Jade, and Clear Quartz. These crystals are beautiful and mystical, catching the creative imagination.

Dream catchers and spiritual candles at House Of Intuition. (Photography by: Ella Navarro)

Candles: These spiritual candles are meant to create a calming and relaxing space that will help the flow of emotions. On the back of these candles they have their individual meaning and what pairs well with them when lighting. For these candles, you are supposed to light them and leave them to burn for a certain amount of days and once it is entirely burned you will receive a crystal after all the candle wax melts. 

Dream Catchers: Dream Catchers are known to be good luck charms that represent positive energy and help get rid of bad energy. People usually hang a dream catcher above their beds and they catch all of your bad/negative dreams.

Spiritual Necklaces and Bracelets at House Of Intuition. (Photography by: Ella Navarro)

Spiritual Necklaces: These necklaces are known to help with any bad energy a person may have and brings a sense of deeper understanding. Each different stone helps guide you into different things whether you wish to be loved, lucky, supported, given clarity, or confident. Spiritual necklaces have always been a good form of celebrating one’s self. 

The House Of Intuition is one of the best metaphysical shops around Orange County that sells affordable and high quality items. In addition, the environment of the shop is welcoming. Metaphysical items are one of the best ways to improve anyone’s health. Therefore you should visit your local House Of Intuition.

Donate to Slick Magazine

Your donation will support the student journalists of Huntington Beach High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.
Thank you for supporting our program!

Slick Magazine • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Slick Magazine